East Ham Mahalakshmi Temple Ram Navami Festival

Srimad Azhagiya Singar thiruvadigale saranam

Ramanuja Dayaapatram Gnana vairagya Bhushanam
Srimad Venkatanaadaryam vande vedanta desikam


Adiyen is on a deputation to London and with Sriyapathi's unconditional mercy the place where i stay is very near to Mahalakshmi temple in London. Last week, adiyen was blessed to witness Sita Kalyanam in Mahalakshmi temple. Day started as usual, waking up at 5:30 in the morning and having a head bath. Phew!! In that temperature, i was literally shivering.. Anyways,chanted aadityahridayam and started for work. It was in the afternoon, i realised that it may get late to start from work and witness Sita Kalyanam.. I prayed to my favourite god venkateswara and behold the meeting which supposed to happen at 4:30 got cancelled but got stuck up with some other work. Finally, i decided to go to the temple directly from office as it was getting late. Thanks to the underground rail service, it took me on time to East Ham. I reached the temple and got the ticket that i registered for and started to wait for the Sita Kalyanam. I turned around and saw people who came with their families. I was sad that my parents were not here with me to witness the divine marriage. I went and sat there reciting Nama Ramayanam.. Sharp 6:30 pm, the marriage started. Sita was one end of the temple and Rama and lakshmana along with Hanuman were on the other end. Two Bhattars danced with the garland and placed on the Surya kula thondral and Janaki.. They did that for three times. I looked at Rama and Sita's idol. They were beaming with joy..What a pleasant scene. Then started the Maha Sankalpam. Bhattars conducted sankalpams for individual families and it took time. Adiyen had a chance to worship the main deity Lakshmi narayana. The bhattars took sankalpam for those who registered..Once the function resumed, Bhattars started with reciting the Vamsavali of Janaki and Rama starting from their grandfathers. After that the usual marriage procedures like Kanganam kattudhal, mangalya dhaaranam happened. The procession circumambulated the temple 3 times and took the perumal into the Garbhagruham.
Adiyen was very sad that my parents were not there to experience this festival along with me. I pray to him to allow my entire family to do kainkaryams for him atleast once in a while. I left the temple at 10:30 in the night with that one small request that I placed on to him.

Sarvam Sri Krishna arpana mastu..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thiruppavai - Avatharikai

Thiruppavai - The epitome of Bhakti and Saranagathi