Commentary on Sri ranganaathaashtakam
Sri Sankara is one of the greatest philosophers which ancient India had. I consider him as a Vaishnavite even though he commented on the Advaitic philosophy. One of his works is Sri Ranganaatha ashtakam. Adiyen is still learning about Vaishnavam and its foundations "The Vedas". And based on my learning, I wanted to share the tatparya of this sloka. If anything I have mentioned is wrong, I am open for discussion so that I can correct myself.
Aanandarupe nijabodha rupe,
Brahma swaroope sruthi moorthi rupe,
Sasanka rupe ramaneeya rupe,
Sri ranga rupe ramatham mano mey.
With one hand showing his crown and one hand showing his divine feet, he projects himself as true knowledge. Upanishads say, if someone knows he is a daasa and Lord Sriman Narayaana is his master then it is called true knowledge. The roopam of perumal is in such a manner that he is the master and is ever ready to protect those who surrender to his divine feet.
Lord Sriman Narayaana is Brahmam. This comes from a person who did commentary on Advaitic Philosophy which believed in "Aham Brahmaasmi". Learned scholars please clarify my doubts regarding this. Why Sankara did say "Brahma Swaroope",If so then his work on Advaitic commentary is conflicting here.
The divine form of Sri-ranganaatha is made of Suddha Sattva. Therefore, his thirumeni is Ramaneeyam in nature. When we look at the thirumeni of Bhagavaan, it is comforting and is ever resplendent. He is the Purusha, which is described by the Vedas and therefore, he is the lord of Vedas.To be continued
Comments
Post a Comment